Developing Leadership Skills for Football Managers & Coaches - A High Level Training Programme of E-Learning Courses recognised by the Football Association and UEFA
As part of its commitment to supporting and developing managers and coaches, the League Managers Association has developed a series of e-learning Football Management Courses to be known as the “LMA School of Football Management.” The first course “Creating a Culture of Excellence” is now available.
The course content has been provided by LMA Chairman, Howard Wilkinson, with over 3 hours of video interviews from LMA members – Fabio Capello, Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodsgon, David Moyes, Arsène Wenger and Howard himself.
Each course will involve the learner in 15 hours of study which include interactive tasks, online activities and solving scenario based problems supported by online tutors appointed by the LMA.
For whom are the courses intended?
- Football Managers and Coaches who work with (or aspire to work with) professional, semi -professional, college or elite youth players
Why register for the courses?
- The LMA School of Football Management Courses are recognised by the FA as authorised refresher courses to retain the UEFA Pro Licence
- The courses are excellent preparation to become a Head Coach/Football Manager
- Professional Development and where appropriate as a qualifying credit to retain National Association Coach Education Qualifications
- Ease of Access for busy Coaches and Managers, via the internet via flexible learning
- Access to top quality experts with the experience and the actual practical knowledge of LMA members
- Training based on practical problems with greater opportunity for reflection & discussion
What are the details of Course 1: ‘Developing a Culture of Excellence’?
There are six modules
- Increasing your awareness of ‘What is a Culture of Excellence’
- Reflecting on your own Strengths and Weaknesses
- Developing a set of values that define you
- Establishing realistic objectives
- Knowing how to achieve these objectives
- Improving your communication
How is the Training Program delivered?
- Video Interviews
Over 3 hours of video interviews in Course 1 from Fabio Capello, Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Roy Hodgson, David Moyes & Howard Wilkinson
- Online Tutor Support – Appointed by the LMA to assist learners
- Interactive Tasks – involving key course themes
- Scenarios - Fictitious dilemmas but REAL problems experienced by LMA members. Learners provide advice for the LMA tutor and other learners to view and comment.
- Community Website
Supporting the learner with the following benefits:
- A Personal Learning Log
- Opportunities to ask questions, share ideas and discuss common issues
- Topic Specific Blogs
- An Archive of Football Management articles and links
- Review of Case Studies
What are the details of Course 2: ‘Evaluating Performance’?
School of Football Management Course 2: EVALUATING PERFORMANCE
The LMA School of Football Management in conjunction with Prozone has launched an e-learning course to assist coaches in understanding the techniques used to evaluate player and team performance. The course is intended for coaches who work (or aspire to work) with professional, semi-professional, elite youth or college players.
To view course video clips and take advantage of this limited offer please go to www.sportspath.com
For more information on the course please contact Robin Russell - firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COURSE AT A GLANCE:
* 30 modules with over 300 video interview clips from 15 respected experts including LMA Managers, international Managers, Directors of Coaching, Directors of European Youth Academies and respected Performance Analysts from leading UEFA Champions League clubs.
* Library access to the most comprehensive archive of performance evaluation research including access to exclusive Prozone data from the English Premier League, Youth Academies and U.S. Colleges including team and positional bench marks.
* Webinars, individual assignments, collaborative activities and interactive tasks.
* Unlimited and ongoing access to the course website, and LMA School of Football Management Certificate on successful completion of the course.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
On completion of the course learners will be have improved their knowledge and understanding with regard to the following aspects of Performance Evaluation:
* WHAT to evaluate in match performance
* HOW to evaluate match performance
* HOW to USE Data and Information
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for ACTIVE LEARNERS committed to their own Continued Professional Development who can organize their own self-directed learning in a flexible format via the internet: the course will take at least 15 hours to complete but learners can go in and out of the course for any length of time.
ABOUT THE LMA SCHOOL OF FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT
As part of its commitment to supporting and developing managers and coaches, the League Managers Association has developed a series of e-learning Football Management Courses to be known as the “LMA School of Football Management.”
LMA School of Football Management E-Learning Courses are recognized by UEFA and the English FA as pathways to retain UEFA Coaching Awards.
By enrolling on Course 1 of the LMA School of Football Management Course, learners will have ongoing FREE access to the course community site